About This Site
This site is intended to be a research aid for those who learn the Torah and
other classical texts of Judaism. It provides free access to primary texts
of Judaism such as the Torah, Tanach, Talmud, etc. in their original
languages as well as various authoritative translations and commentaries.
This site started off as an attempt to list various Hebrew and English Torah
texts available on the Internet such as Tanach, Talmud, Midrash, etc. AND
to provide search capability. It was intended as a "poor man's" replacement
for expensive Torah libraries available on CDs such as Bar Ilan's
. Eventually, when Google
released their new "Custom Search Engine" product, it was possible to provide
a single search interface for all classical texts.
Below is a list of sections and tools provided within this site:
- Audio - provides access to audio lectures on Torah, Talmud and
- Books - access to downloads and purchasing information on
thousands of Torah-related books
- Classical Texts - access to primary texts, commentaries
- Kashrus - access to current kashrus information
- Q and A - searches modern question and answer knowledgebases
- Research - access to a wide variety of Jewish and Torah websites,
organizations, media and reference works. Intended as a general research aid.
As time allows, I will be adding more content and possible extra sections to this